Information is provided below about the type of questions to which our office responds, and how to submit a question.
To which questions does BFN respond?
- Accounting questions, i.e. questions regarding the provisions of the Book-keeping Act, the Annual Accounts Act and BFN standards.
- A question is only answered if the response follows from the provisions of the Book-keeping Act, the Annual Accounts Act or BFN standards.
To which questions does BFN not respond?
- Questions relating to chart of accounts (because the Book-keeping Act does not contain any provisions regarding chart of accounts and accounts).
- Tax matters, for example if expenditure is tax-deductible and when VAT is to be reported in tax returns.
- Questions regarding the supervision of accountants.
- Questions regarding auditing and supervision of auditors.
- Questions regarding civil law – for example questions about agreements and company formation.
- Questions regarding criminal law, for example whether a certain act is criminal or not.
- Questions that
- require an investigation of the merits of the case,
- pertain to assessments in the individual company, or
- require a more complex legal assessment.
- Questions pertaining to current legal proceedings or disputes between individuals.
How to submit questions to BFN
Administrators at our office respond to questions Monday–Tuesday and Thursday.
Tel.: +46 8 408 989 90, phone hours Monday–Tuesday and Thursday 9.30-11.30 a.m.
Postal address: Bokföringsnämnden, Box 7849, SE-103 99 Stockholm
Fax: +46 8 21 97 88